Elisen was responsible for extensive avionic upgrades.
Extensive avionics upgrades to Douglas A-4 Skyhawk aircraft involving the following changes:
- Cabin section
- Floor structure
- Wing interface.
- Completely redesigned instrument panel
- Integration of multifunction displays
- Relocation of primary flight instruments, controls, and annunciations
- Avionics system upgrades/additions: TCAS, Mode S transponder, ADS-B out, TACAN, ELT, AHRS, EHSI, ADC, VHF/UHF comm radios
- Upgrade electrical power distribution, and addition of emergency battery
We also incorporated special mission capabilities such as:
- Mission Computer
- Helmet Mounted Cuing System,
- Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Fire Control Radar;
- Modified throttle and grip
- Upgraded external lights
The modifications were approved by Transport Canada (TCCA) and Canada’s Department of National Defence (DND) and Germany’s Federal Defence.